Thursday 17 May 2012

Top Twitter!

I braved a longer look around on Twitter last night and signed up to all sorts of construction organisations to 'follow' them.  Everybody's there ! It's like a party where lots of the conversation is just "knowing you, knowing me" stuff but every now and again you find something or someone useful. 

I got especially excited when I spotted this article: http://tinyurl.com/c4n3cp7  ,mainly because I found it so quickly, it was relevant and most importantly: I knew it to be current.  When I trawl through google looking for articles on women in construction a lot of what I find is old news.

Anyway - have a quick look at the article, it's highlighting again the under-representation of women in the construction industry across professions and on site.  They quote Chrissi McCarthy who is a great woman I've been in touch with and runs a company called "Constructing Equality" up in Liverpool.
There's also a reference to women feeling unwelcome on site.  I've personally never felt this but would be really interested to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment